order corel painter buy windows home server 2011 hardware buy microsoft office project buying windows xp home retail best price adobe acrobat 9 pro extended cost of autocad 2012 buy office 2011 mac academic purchase microsoft visio 2003 cheap ms excel 2003 photoshop cs4 student discount discount capture one discount indesign cs4 cost of revit architecture 2011 adobe framemaker price buy adobe dreamweaver cs4 discount final cut express buy adobe creative suite 5.5 master collection should i buy final cut pro x buy windows 7 x64 purchase photoshop elements program buy quicken deluxe 2010 upgrade ms office 2007 cheapest price cheap adobe flash cs5 buy 2010 outlook buy dvd moviefactory 6 student discount microsoft office 2013 buy dragon naturally buy money 2006 buy paint shop pro x2 uk quicken cheapest price

Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia

January 19, 2009 by Bryan

Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia, When this story first broke today about the nation's first openly gay mayor of a large metro area having a sexual relationship with a former intern, it got my blood boiling for many reasons. And I have to be honest, my blood is still boiling.

[Quick update of clarification] I do not, nor have I ever called for Sam to resign. In fact, quite the opposite. While I may have been disappointed, and still am to a point. We've cried our river, now it's time to build and bridge and get over it.

To preface my thoughts, I want to say that this situation in no way changes my support for Sam's vision for Portland, Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia. I do believe in that and I do believe in him leading our great city in the right direction.

At the time the story first broke, before Adams announced his intentions to run for mayor, Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia uk, I worked for an organization who held the responsibility of defending the rights and dignity of the gay community at the statewide level. I had to talk to the press about this story and my reaction this evening was one of wanting to throw up thinking I had unknowingly lied to the press by defending a man that was in fact guilty. After putting it all together Adams is not guilty of what he had been accused of by a potential mayoral running mate. Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia, But he is guilty of other acts.

So here it is. While Mayor Adams did not lie about having a sexual relationship with a 17 year old intern, he did admit to having them with the man when he was 18. The problem is that Mayor Adams was less than forthcoming in calling the entire situation a "smear campaign".

I stuck with Sam, gave money to Sam's campaign and was so proud when he was elected the first openly gay mayor of a large metropolitan city. Now I'm just left with disappointment, Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia.

My hopes, Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia usa, dreams and aspirations for Sam Adams were big. He was someone to look up to and was always very personable and an easy guy to like. That's all changed now. He now has the task of earning back my trust, but it is not an impossible task. Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia, While it is in no way, shape or form is it our business to know our Mayor's sex life -- so long as it's not illegal in any way -- he lied. Not only did he lie, but he has admitted (and apologized for what it's worth) to asking the man (who was 18 at the time of the incident) to lie as well.

He lied to help get into office. He took advantage of his power. Now he's just 'another politician' to me and I feel that coming to his defense in the future is something that we will be unable to do in the future -- and who knows if Portlanders will be able to help him in his future bid for reelection. Only time will tell and I hope that Sam can restore our trust, Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia.

Sam has left a scar on the gay community, acting as a role model for thousands cross the country, Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia craiglist. Sorry Sam, it's the truth. And as someone else put it, "I don't care who he fucks, but he should have known better, and to me, it's just another white man in power using his privilege to get away with some questionable things. And by doing so, he puts everyone around him in this circle in jeopardy".

To read what Mayor Adams said way back when go here Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia, .

To see what he's saying today, 1000mg Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia, read below:

I want to publicly acknowledge a mistake I have made and I want to apologize for it.

In the past, I have characterized my relationship with Beau Breedlove as purely non-sexual. That is not true. Beau Breedlove and I had a sexual relationship for a few months in the summer of 2005 after he turned 18 years of age.

I should have been honest at the time about the true nature of my relationship with Beau Breedlove when questions about my relationship with him first surfaced publicly in October 2007, Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia. In fact, Beau encouraged me to be honest about the facts of our relationship. I am deeply sorry that I asked him to lie for me.

I lied at the time because I was afraid that people would believe untrue rumors, being circulated by an undeclared mayoral opponent, that I had broken a law involving sexual relations with a minor. But this is not a good excuse, 50mg Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia. Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia, Until today, with the exception of Beau, I have not discussed with anyone the true nature of my relationship with him: not with my colleagues, staff, friends or family.

I apologize to Beau for asking him to lie for me. I apologize to my colleagues for my poor handling of this matter. I apologize to the people of Portland for my dishonesty. I should have been truthful from the beginning.

Mayor Sam Adams

Similar posts: Lumigan Without Prescription. Zithromax 200g 5. 40mg Zithromax Pharmacy. Uloric Colchicine india.
Trackbacks from: Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia. Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia. Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia craiglist. Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia coupon.

Comments

37 Responses to “Tetracycline Dosage For Treating Chlamydia”

1. Fran on January 19th, 2009 10:22 pm

I’m kinda pissed too. Beyond the whole “this looks bad for queers” concern, I’m annoyed that Mr. Adams basically lied just to get elected. His behavior seems really untrustworthy. He acted like a scammer, which a lot (if not all ) politicians do, but geez I feel like a sucker for believeing his lie.
    ~F

2. gerry on January 20th, 2009 7:52 am

Shame on you. Most of the comments around this are centered around how immoral or dishonest Sam Adams is. Yet, everyone is quick to throw in the small fact that they support him, but this is too much, yada yada, yada. People who actually identify as queer should know more than anyone that we are held to a higher standard- especially in the public eye.

Your response is reprehensible and I doubt it will stay the same if this all blows over- see you at his fundraisers!

3. 2009 January : ± gerry blakney ± on January 20th, 2009 9:00 am

[...] well-read, Gay Rights Watch, says that Adams is now “just ‘another politician’…” “Sam has left a [...]

4. News Briefs 1/20/2009 : Equal Marriage Now - Your Information Resource For Marriage Equality / Same-Sex Marriage / Gay Marriage on January 20th, 2009 9:48 am

[...] Op-Ed: My Thoughts on Mayor Sam Adams, Gay Rights Watch, Bryan. Well stated, along with then-and-now quotes from Mayor Adams. [...]

5. gb on January 20th, 2009 11:47 am

The real issue is will Adams be able to function in Portland over the next year, or will we be subjected to a protracted psycho-drama until he finally does resign of is recalled?
    We’ve got work to do in Portland, and if Sam cannot function effectively, then he should do the right thing, and resign for the good of the city.

6. Editor on January 20th, 2009 12:09 pm

I do in fact that Adams will be able to function as mayor. Resignation would be ridiculous.

-Bryan, GRW

7. David on January 20th, 2009 2:36 pm

Bryan, Would you honestly feel the same if a 42 year old conservative republican admitted to first having a romantic relationship with a 17 year old female intern and then having sex with her as soon as she turned 18?

Obviously you wouldn’t have the same level of political support but would you still consider him fit to be mayor or would you be writing an op-ed demanding further investigation and a recall?

Be honest.

8. Editor on January 20th, 2009 2:48 pm

Gerry:

Can Sam do no wrong in your eyes? You were so quick to snap at us on our blog and attack. I was a bit surprised. The fact of the matter is that Sam is our Mayor and as an elected official, he is without question held to a higher standard and rightly should be.

My biggest issue with the situation are his comments from way back when.

Regarding the allegations he stated: “I’m angry, I think they’re disgusting, they’re totally false.”

“These are some of the worst allegations you can make against a gay man and it preys on the homophobic stereotypes that a gay man cannot be trusted with young people”

Now come on Gerry, let’s get real. This looks really, really bad for all of us and his comments will be used against us by the conservatives.

9. Editor on January 20th, 2009 2:56 pm

David,

Adams never said that he did have a romantic relationship with the man when he was 17. It was supposedly when he was 18. The thing with all of this is it’s legal and consensual. Do I feel like Sam abused his power? Obviously. Do I feel that this is grounds for him to leave his post? Of course not.

If the situation was different and this was a straight man who was involved with an 18 year old? I would hold them to the same standard. If there is no crime, there should be no punishment.

In both cases, though one hypothetical, they do have to answer to their constituents who may have different feelings about the situation.

I’d also refer to my previous comment that speaks to the root of why I’m upset. It’s what he said back then in 2007. He made a big mistake and should not have climbed up on his moral high horse to say the things he did. For example, “These are some of the worst allegations you can make against a gay man and it preys on the homophobic stereotypes that a gay man cannot be trusted with young people.”

10. David on January 20th, 2009 3:07 pm

Bryan, I appreciate your reply and I agree with your last point. I was one of the gay men that vigorously defended Sam based upon his ” Open letter..” bullsh*t.

Yes, he hasn’t explicitly admitted to having a relationship while Beau was 17, but please, it doesn’t take a detective or sociologist to put the pieces together.

” The teen, Beau Breedlove, was 17 when Adams first met him in Salem in 2005. Adams said he waited until the teen was 18 before having sex with him.”

I have a very hard time believing that Sam held himself back from any romantic inclinations whatsoever until Beau turned 18 and then BAM! “Let’s go have sex Beau”
    -Please….the common thread in cases like this is nearly always one of gradual revelation.

Bottom line:
    Any elected official that intentionally and knowingly abuses and manipulates the public’s trust should be kicked the hell out of office.

11. More News, More Opinion on January 22nd, 2009 7:53 am

[...] if you’re looking for more opinion on the story, check out Bryan Boyd’s Gay Rights Watch for thoughts on a mayor his former employer helped elect–hint, he’s standing with [...]

12. Dave on January 22nd, 2009 8:40 am

Sam Adams should Resign. He lied to us and even instructed Beau Breedlove to lie for him. Bab Ball was crucified by Adams when he brought up Adams affair with this young man, it almost ruined his career and chance to be our Mayor.

Sam Adams today was to give a speech at to college students on ethics, that won’t take place.

He should no longer be mentoring young men under 18 years of age and I don’t believe him when he said he had sexual relations with Beau after he turned 18.

This is not a good piece of news for out community. Yes we are held at a higher standard especially when it comes to minors. Our Gay Community does not need any more revolting news like this, I wish Sam Adams would resign, seek counseling on this matter and wish him the best of luck in the future.

13. kmarsman on January 22nd, 2009 11:22 am

I would be very curious if someone could find the statistics on the public opinion within the Portland city limits of the Bill Clinton impeachment trials while they were ongoing. Opposition to impeachment ran nationally between 60-70% throughout, so I imagine Portland was even higher.
    Simply put: There is no substantial difference from that case to this one other than the sexual identities of the players.
    We who are on the liberal end of the spectrum, and let’s admit that is what Portland is, stood aghast at those proceedings. We cried out that the sex lives of our officials are private, that no laws were broken, that everyone lies about sex, and most importantly, that it had no bearing on his ability to do the people’s business. Unless you clearly voiced your solidarity with the sexual mores and opinions of the republican conservatives then, how can you justify doing so now? If Portland overwhelmingly opposed the impeachment of Bill Clinton (who has sex with a young, but legal intern, and then denied it repeatedly) but calls for the resignation of Sam Adams, we should all crawl into a dark cave and die from the poisoned blood of own hypocrisy.

When Sam Lied, No One Died

14. pdxlab on January 22nd, 2009 12:02 pm

To kmarsman, there is indeed a BIG difference between Clinton and Adams.

Sam engaged in a direct smear campaign which eliminated a potential political opponent. He allowed Vera Katz and Randy Leonard to publically trash Bob Ball. Leonard reportedly told Ball he’d never participate in Portland politics because he was bringing up the issue of possible wrong-doing by Adams. Ball didn’t go to the media with this. Sam did. It appears that Ball was blacklisted and intimidated out of Portland politics in order to save Sam’s reputation. Then there’s the issue of Amy Ruiz, which looks like another cover-up on Sam’s part.

These two issues need to be fully investigated. I don’t care about legal consensual sex. I do care about dirty, unethical politics, and that’s my concern with Sam (and Leonard as well) at this point. They appear to be complicit in politics of the worst kind, and that’s what we should be outraged about.

15. mmix on January 22nd, 2009 1:49 pm

The question is, can Sam Adams be trusted?

He lied- no one died, ok, fine – but is that really the point here?
    Is he going to lie about budgets, expenditures, other ethics issues?
    People will have no choice but to question his sincerity in every single statement he makes from here on. And I felt exactly the same way about BC. It’s not about having sex; it’s about the lying. I’m not sure if he should resign or not, but he has seriously messed with the public trust. That’s not a trivial matter.

16. PDXBeastie on January 22nd, 2009 2:03 pm

Oh c’mon! Relationships between a older mentoring partner and a younger learning partner has been going on forever. I wonder how many young chicks Marty Davis has gone through in her dyke years? And what about the fact that the age of consent in Oregon is set at eighteen? Can you say prude? Every other state I know of uses seventeen as the age of consent. How many gays and lesbians have mixed it up with an older person in their first relationships? Be honest!!

Then you have the FACT that older gentlemen have been shacking up with young girls barely the age of consent forever, or dumping their child-bearing wives in favor of a trophy wife during their mid-wife crisis. Traditionally, if a guy raped a child ( a young woman under the age of consent) he simply married her and everybody was happy. WTF is up with that? Look at the Palin kid. Knocked up, under age, out of wedlock, but hey! It’s all good! They are going to get married! But we queers don’t have that remedy, now do we?

So what is really at the crux of all of this brouhaha? Lying? Like Clinton? Hell no. It’s not the lying. It’s the fact that the lying kept Sam’s opponents from using this issue against him, to prevent him from being elected. And now that he came forward, prompted or not, they want to use it to kick him out, and every assimilationist queer from Just Out! to W Week is clamoring to separate themselves from ole Sam. Can’t be associated with him now, he looks too queer! We are just like str8 folks, yessirree BOB! Marty Davis in particular disgusts me again. F*** you Marty!!

I don’t like the fact that Sam lied either, but as a queer in a conservative time, what other option did he possess? Honesty? Don’t make me laugh!!! Have we already forgotten the dark days of the Bush administration, so soon after the inauguration? Desperate times require desperate measures. How prudish are we, that we get all weak-kneed when an older person gets sexually involved with a young adult? This ain’t the Catholic Church we are talking about! This was no choir boy. In most states, as I noted, he was able to consent to a sexual connection at seventeen.

So what if it had been an older single gentleman getting involved with a young intern? You mean like Princess Diana with her prince? How old was Diana when the old fart came to get into her pants? She was eighteen as I recall, when the prince came a knocking. She was married at the age of twenty. How many other guys had the intern slept with before getting iinvolved with Sam? I rather doubt he was a virgin. I doubt that any queer is a virgin at eighteen. We tend to start early.

So if we are to hold queers accountable to str8 standards now, what if Sam simply got hitched to the dude? Would that make everything copacetic? Would that make Marty Davis happy? The same Marty Davis who once wrote a column wishing that lesbians were more like gay men, and able to have anonymous sex often with no entanglements? A quickie marriage of convemience and quiet divorce and everything is cool, right? F***!!!

To me, this whole thing is a tempest in a teapot, just like the Clinton affair. And here we have even the queers now, falling into the same old trap of entanglement with guilt and angst and the wringing of hands…oh, dear me, what shall we do??? Well how about this. Instead of piling on the guys back, use this situation to create a GD dialogue about the hypocrisy of sex in america? About how we lie, lie, lie, deny, deny, deny, but when in effect, everyone is doing it all of the GD time – queer and str8, and then lying through their teeth about it.

How about we raise the fact that it is almost impossible for a gay man to be elected, and be a gay man. Sam is single for God’s sake. He is not cheating on everyone like the str8’s, or evn like most queers do to their partners at one time or another. How about we raise the fact that most kids can make the decision to go off to die in a foreign land with their parents consent and blessing at this same age, of seventeen, but he can’t choose to have a sexual experience? WTF is that all about? It’s absurd! It’s just f*****g absurd!!!

I am not advocating for the NAMBLA people here, or for pedophiles to run wild in the streets of america. As far as I am concerned, all pedophiles ought to shot in the head. But I am advocating for clear-headed pragmatic common sense. Get your sh*t together people. Are we actually assuming that this dude was a immature child, incapable of making an adult decision? Anymore than the rest of us at the beginning of oiur sexual life? Do you really want to submit to abstinence as the norm for queers, like their conservative counterparts? If so, count me out!
    I’m all for Queers having access to marriage and God and country if that trips your trigger, but I don’t want held to that standard. I have a brain.

And that is the way I see it. If they get the goods on Sam, and hold his feet to the fire because the law and the age of eighteen is on the books, so be it. But as far as I am concerned, he did nothing wrong or out of the ordinary for what guys do.
    As long as they leave the sixteen year olds alone, and the young adult is not mentally disabled, I am fine with it.

17. pdxlab on January 22nd, 2009 2:43 pm

Get a grip, Beastie! Stop playing the gay card. This isn’t about the sex, it’s about unethical behavior at other prople’s expense, plain and simple. Sam’s gay supporter’s are ignoring the real issue here and are being hypocritical. Would they accept unethical behavior from any other politician? When other politicians get caught they suffer the consequences and rightly so.

Like it or not, Sam has lost his credibility and integrity precisely because of the dishonest way he’s handled this situation. It’s not acceptable to save your own hide at the expense of others, nor to betray the public’s trust.

18. Jimmy on January 22nd, 2009 3:46 pm

Bryan, you know I love you to death. You know I do. But I still don’t understand why he needed to answer that question in the first place. Why is it anyone’s business? Are you telling me that you would be ok with having to discuss who you have slept with if you ran for office? I know you would not be ok with that.

Hey, did we ever ask Tom Potter who he was sleeping with? How about Vera Katz? That issue should have never been presented, and if someone was really concerned that Mr. 18 was underage at the time, then they should have called the authorities and not made it a campaign issue. So in a way Adams was right. It was presented as a smear tactic. You know it and I know it. We have both been around this long enough to know what’s right and wrong.

I also hate to sound like I am pulling the gay card, but we all know that the city is reacting this way because they are now hearing about Gay Sex. That’s right, it was fine and dandy when they knew he was gay. Now they have to hear about him having sex and it’s all too much. I know he lied about who he slept with. I get the fact he lied. This is all sounding a little familiar. Monica, Bill…. Haven’t we learned? It has no impact on his actual job.

Mind you, I did not vote for Sam Adams. Personally, I have never liked the guy. I think now he is getting a very bad wrap for something that doesn’t really matter. He is single and not married. Why does this one person, who never even worked for him, all of a sudden really matter. Don’t we fight to have the same rights as anyone else in this country? Well guess what? He has a right to privacy as well. Not to mention the right to sleep with whomever he chooses.

How bigoted is our community becomming? It is not your business and it is not mine. I am appalled at the reaction to this and I can’t believe that you would respond this way. This lie he made has no bearing on his political office. It has no bearing on previous or future political decisions. He slept with someone and lied about it, for whatever reason. Have you ever done that Bryan? How about any of the other gays out there. Maybe you should all quit your jobs since none of you can be trusted. I am so appalled. Just appalled at all of you and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. You should come together and support Sam right now. Support our rights. Support his freedom.

Get together Portland. Focus on the real issues facing the city. Focus on job loss, the recession, the fact that more schools are going to close. Get it together. And as far as my fellow GLBT folks go, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. You are no better then the folks that fought against us 4 years ago. You don’t get to pick and choose when we get to have our rights and when we don’t. Shame on you.

19. Millynn James on January 22nd, 2009 4:03 pm

Supporting Sam, my history with Just Out and 4 decades in the gay liberation movement (yes, it WAS gay LIBERATION, not gay rights initially, let’s not forget):

I’ll be at the rally in support of Sam on Friday, come join me!

Millynn James in PDX

20. Mixer GLT on January 22nd, 2009 4:47 pm

The man is less important than the movement and in our rush to vindicate “one of our own” we are proving that we are just as willing to turn a blind eye to justice when it suits us.

Now is our chance to show the world that we hold our politicians to a higher standard and will not condone any politician deliberately lying their way into office no matter what their sexual orientation, religious affiliation or political party.

21. Editor on January 22nd, 2009 4:56 pm

Just want to let everyone know that I will be posting an update to the story by tomorrow.

Bryan, Gay Rights Watch

22. pdxlab on January 22nd, 2009 5:06 pm

I think sonme of you are letting your emotions cloud your judgment.

Millyn, was it alright for Sam to smear Bob Ball’s reputation? To let Randy Leonard tell Bob he’ll never get a job in Portland politics? To hire an unqualified reporter to keep her quiet? To use his power and influence to implement his cover-up? To ask Beau to lie for him?

These are why Sam needs to resign – he’s a dishonest politician – it has nothing to do with his being gay or sleeping with an 18 year old. You’re being extremely judgmental of others for not seeing things your way. Your attack on Marty and Just Out is juvenile and unfair. You’re not helping Sam’s case by resorting to such tactics – they lend zero credibility to your argument.

If you can’t set your own selfish reasons aside for wanting Sam to remain in office, you’re being hypocritical. If Sam were a conservative republican you’d be calling for him to resign due to his lying to the public and his dishonest cover-up, and you know it.

The hypocrisy here is astounding and doesn’t make the gay community look very good. Yes, Sam was asked a question that was nobody’s business (as long as Beau was 18 at the time, and I personally believe he was). He could have responded by saying it was nobody’s business, end of story. If Bob Ball was truly trying to bring Sam down, he would have cooked his own goose in trying to do so. Instead Sam instigated a smear campaign against Ball and destroyed his political future, betrayed the trust of Katz, Leonard and the citizens of Portland. That act/over-reaction alone makes Sam look mighty guilty.

The gay community cannot have a double standard for gay politicians and expect to retain credibility. As a liberal Democratic gay male, I’m appalled by Sam’s misuse/abuse of political power.

Again, the issue isn’t the sex – it’s unethical behavior and misuse of political power, yet YOU ALL keep making it about THE SEX and homosexuality.

One last thing – I’ve never met Ball but after reading Sam’s, Vera’s and Leonard’s published remarks back in 2007 I believed he was a scumbag, even though he never went to the media with this and made no dispasging remarks about Sam that I know of. He expressed the same concerns privately that Sam’s own advisors were expressing. Until the facts prove otherwise, where is the concern for this person’s tarnished reputation at the hands of Sam Adams and company? I personally feel terrible that I automatically judged this person based on what other people were saying about him and not having any facts.

23. Ash on January 22nd, 2009 5:24 pm

Who really cares if a political official has a consenting sexual relationship with anyone? Even if the official isn’t within my party, I don’t care. If the official can do their job without any issues, then who really cares what goes on in their personal life. Every Politician lies to get elected we can’t forget that. If a Politician tells the truth about EVERYTHING, you’d all think something was wrong with them.

I’ve noticed in the past 9 years, any time a sexual relationship is involved with a politician, there is this demand for them to resign or an impeachment. Now if a Politician lies about an event, or a chain of events (that are non-sexual) they are kept in office to the fullest of their term (I shouldn’t have to say who on both examples, read the paper, or just watch the news).

There is this weird vision of how Politics work, and if we keep sending mixed messages, how is anyone going to understand what is right and what is wrong.

if the investigation proves that the intern was 18 when he and the mayor became sexually involved, that should be the end of it. Who cares about who slept with who, as long as they can do their job they were elected to do.

24. Jimmy on January 22nd, 2009 6:02 pm

The point is PDXlab – The question should have never come about. It should have never been presented and it’s a slippery slope from here.

I hope that your job asks you who you slept with. I wonder what your response would be. Or maybe in the interview for your next job….

25. Mixer GLT on January 22nd, 2009 7:52 pm

Jimmy, Sam could have simply said ” I will not dignify these accusations with an answer” or ” What consenting adults do in their own time is no ones business but theirs”

Instead, he went far out of his way to fabricate an entire story that we all know to be false and to implicate others by asking them to lie for him.

Your implication that it’s all the questioners fault and that Sam Adams somehow had no choice but to blatantly lie is erroneous.

26. Editor on January 22nd, 2009 7:54 pm

Update here: http://blog.gayrightswatch.com/?p=502

Bryan
    GRW Editor

27. pdxlab on January 22nd, 2009 11:47 pm

Jimmy, Sam wasn’t asked about who he slept with out of the blue. There were rumors circulating about this realtionship – his own advisors were worried about it. As an elected official Sam is fair game to be questoined about ANY behavior that could be illegal and/or unethical. No slippery slope here Jimmy – Sam looks quilty by the way he chose to handle this. Why aren’t he and Breedlove offering to take a lie detector test to clear their names? Where is Vera’s support for Sam?

28. Rudy on January 23rd, 2009 1:42 am

PDXlab – thank you for your repeated posts. I’ve appreciated your level-headedness, and your focus on the core issue – Sam’s behavior (other than the sex).

To me, this entire situation has been looked at from the wrong angle by so many who have posted here, and elsewhere.

It’s not about the sex. It’s only partially about the lies. It’s about Sam’s judgement and how he’s willing to treat people to achieve his own personal goals.

It’s about Sam’s willingness to attack Bob Ball for his quiet questioning about this whole thing back in 2007. It’s about how Sam’s response to Ball’s truth-seeking was used to eliminate a potential political rival. The Oregonian’s editorial says Sam “launched an all-out public relations assault against the man.” (http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2009/01/sam_adams_and_his_fight_with_t.html)

It’s about Sam’s willingness to ask others to front for him knowing they were standing up to defend a lie.

It’s about Sam’s potentially hiring a reporter to silence them from bringing his lies to the light of day.

It’s about Sam’s use of any means necessary to achieve his goals – political power, even if his political goals are for good.

It’s about his Machiavellian approach to politics and people.

These are the reasons that Sam is no good for Portland. These are the reasons so many people feel let down by him. These are the reasons he should resign.

During Sam’s run for Mayor, I was solicited to give $5 to Sho Dozono’s publicly-financed campaign against Sam. The person who approached me had been a staffer In Vera Katz’s Mayoral office working under Sam as Chief of Staff. I was told that of the 12 staff who worked for Sam in Vera’s office, 11 were helping with Sho’s campaign against Sam. To me that’s telling. How you treat people matters.

Sam hasn’t apologized to Bob Ball for thrashing him and his political future.

Sam’s approach to politics, just as it was in this situation, is bare-knuckled self-interest. But this is not Chicago. In the Portland I live in, or want to live in, it’s just as important how you do things, how you treat people, as what you accomplish. Sam just doesn’t see it that way.

29. Sam Adams Disappoints Many, Including Gay Community « living dangerously on January 23rd, 2009 11:20 am

[...] also disturbed Portland’s gay community. Bryan Boyd, editor of GayRightsWatch acknowledged,   “Sam has left a scar on the gay community, acting as a role model for thousands cross the cou… And Marty Davis, publisher of Just Out, stated,   “By his own admission…Adams has [...]

30. Anthony on January 23rd, 2009 12:06 pm

I would like to know if Mayor Sam Adams was with his partner at the time of the “oops I made a mistake”!!!!

31. Editor on January 23rd, 2009 12:14 pm

No, he was single at the time.

Bryan
    GRW Editor

32. pdxlab on January 23rd, 2009 1:51 pm

Thanks Rudy. You’re post sums up my thoughts and feelings perfectly.

Bottom line: If you support Sam Adams, you support ABUSE OF POLITICAL POWER.

33. Jimmy on January 23rd, 2009 3:33 pm

I don’t agree. I understand what he said and what he did. I get that. But as it goes, the question was irresponsible coming from the press. And rumored or not, it is none of our business. If there was a problem, then take it up with the authorities.

I appreciate everyone’s view, it is just not mine. I don’t find what he did to be all that bad. Admitting to it would have been political suicide. Look PDX is cool with being gay, they don’t want to hear about gay sex. And this whole thing about him giving gays a bad name…look our community does a good job of that themselves. We all know how it works…Gay men, I can’t speak for women still live in the free love era. Let’s stop acting like it doesn’t happen. If you want there to be a different view, then start a movement, don’t hang the mayor out to dry. If anything he did a good job of protecting the city from that image for a long time. Now reality is what it is. Like I said, we are all a part of this community. Let’s stop acting like we don’t know what happens. Especially when you are single.

34. Mixer GLT on January 23rd, 2009 3:39 pm

Jimmy said: “Admitting to it would have been political suicide.”

If that’s true, why should he expect different treatment after he not only admitted it, but admitted he lied and asked other to lie for him?

35. Eric on January 24th, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks pdxlab for posting such good responses. What’s funny is folks seem to accuse, Bob Ball, The WW reporter Nigel, even Breadlove for having thrown himself on the unsuspecting Mr Adams, Yet no one seems to question the perpetrator, his lies, and how he got to his position.
    Also Bryan when you responded to David, you said “Adams never said that he did have a romantic relationship with the man when he was 17. It was supposedly when he was 18.” You don’t seem to say that with a lot of conviction.. Are you fearful?, sometime from now, truth might come out otherwise if there is further investigation..

36. WWire | Adams Admission Reaction: Live From the 'Blogosphere' on January 27th, 2009 3:28 pm

[...] at Gay Rights Watch [...]

37. More thoughts on the Sam Adams sex scandal post-press conference | qPDX - Queer news, views and events for Portland on December 22nd, 2009 1:39 pm

[...] • Just Out’s political coverage (which is mostly all about Sam at the moment) • An opinion I respect from Bryan Boyd at Gay Rights Watch • The Mercury’s City Hall coverage • The Willamette Week story that started it all [...]

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

Bottom